Friday 19 August 2011

Gratitude

This course has finally come to an end.

There are tons of bittersweet and memorable experience during this course. Time has escaped my attention, it has already been 7 weeks in this short semester. In truth, it is a hectic and crazy semester with so many workloads and all. I can say that it's a worthwhile learning experience. 

"To have a solid foundation of computer's knowledge as well as improving it and have a great time learning this course!"

This was what I wrote 7 weeks earlier while completing the database on my aim for the course. I can gratefully mention that I have achieved my aim. I have improved my knowledge on computer greatly from all the assignments I had completed. Little did I know that I will be learning so much, ranging from survey form, SPSS, database, spreadsheet, courseware et cetera. And I never expect myself using new web-based applications as well as computer software to complete the course. I'm always comfortable with my usual software, but this course has given me opportunity to explore on new programmes. I'm glad to be able to learn something new and to step out from my comfort zone. 

One of the most challenging obstacles I faced throughout the course is time management. Previously, I had difficulties in managing my time wisely. I often found myself slacking behind time because there's just "no time" for me. In the end, I felt extremely exhausted from the amount of workload as I have not completed the previous one. As I pace along this course, I tell myself not to procrastinate any longer and try to finish my work in a given time. It was hard at first but gradually, I am able to finish work in classroom and no more delaying work. Azrul, as an amazing partner, has given me motivation to complete our work on time and for this, I owe him my sincere gratitude.

What I've discovered about learning ICT is that it is not a one-time thing. You learn about ICT, directly or indirectly. Once you acquire basic knowledge in it, little chance that you will forget it. The one thing I like about ICT is that there's always a solution. Even when you fail once, twice or countless times, there is a light at the end of tunnel. There's a way to everything. ICT may be hard for a beginner to handle, but once they get the gist, ICT can be fun and exciting. ICT is all about self-exploration. Whatever steps or theories written in the book is not sufficient to cover the practical part of ICT. ICT is not learned by the book. It is of experiences and experiments. As ICT becomes the working vehicle in today's era, it is important to utilise the skills in bringing in development and changes to the nation.

Before I end this post, I would like to convey my warmest appreciation to:
  • Dr. Siti Fatimah Mohd Yassin
  • Encik Mohammad Fariduddin Wajdi Anthony
  • Ahmad Azrul Afeze bin Ahmad Rosdi
  • B. Ed TESL (IPGKS-UKM)
I will never be able to accomplish all these without your guidance and support throughout this course. Everyone has been so amazing and helpful! It's a roller-coaster ride with excitement, anxiety and fun all mixed in together :)



THANK YOU SO MUCH!
La fin~


B. Ed TESL IPGKS-UKM
IPG Kampus Sarawak
Jalan Bakam 98009
Miri

E-mail: barbarakath108@gmail.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/barbara_kath
http://www.facebook.com/barbarakath

No comments:

Post a Comment