Saturday 6 August 2011

Brochure & Booklet

After the heavy workload last week, this week's activity was rather light. Based on Assignment 1, 4 and 5, we were asked to create a set of brochure and booklet to illustrate the basic ideas of our topic. For brochure, we used Microsoft Publisher and booklet, Microsoft Word. I personally am more comfortable working with Microsoft Word, therefore Azrul was assigned to work with the brochure. 

Brochure
Microsoft Publisher is one of the most effective, simplest and easy Do-It-Yourself brochure creating ever. As the program contains many existing templates that can be used, one just needs creativity to invent a whole new concept of a brochure. The existing template can be used for guidance but really, it is up to a person's creativity to work around and come up with an amazing template. The features available in Microsoft Publisher are commendable as well, user-friendly and a lot of interesting things in there. I seldom have the chance to work with Microsoft Publisher so, this time when Azrul is working with our brochure, I can get a simple idea of how to create one. 

One of the disadvantages I found while working with the program is that the program constantly lags. I also find it difficult to move objects (arranging to front and vice versa) because most of the objects overlapped one another. Azrul had a hard time moving the objects around, nevertheless we were pretty satisfied with our lovely work.

Link to brochure: http://bit.ly/poruZ5

Booklet
Personally, I had experience creating booklet before. So there wasn't so much problem arise. I am currently using Microsoft Office 2010, therefore there are slight changes to where the "bookfold" function is in Microsoft Word. After much searching, I could locate it. Most of my coursemates was unable to find the function as well, so they came up to me and I told them where it's hiding :) Knowing how to create a booklet is essential for teacher trainees because there will be a chance in the future to be in-charge of documentation for events in school. These skills are among the basic ones that should be learned by teacher trainees. I can understand the significance behind learning all this, and I actually enjoy doing it rather than learning theories all day long. Theory, I felt is important but what's a theory without practice? There's just one little trick of booklet, printing them. My previous experience was the booklet printing did not turn out to be the way I wanted it to be. I had to rearrange some of the pages so that when I compile it, the pages are subsequent to one another. So before proceeding with any finalisation, it is wise to test printing so that you can get a clear idea of how it turns out to be!

Link to booklet: http://bit.ly/nepX5k

Wishing everyone a great day ahead! :D

B. Ed TESL IPGKS-UKM
IPG Kampus Sarawak
Jalan Bakam 98009
Miri

E-mail: barbarakath108@gmail.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/barbara_kath
http://www.facebook.com/barbarakath

No comments:

Post a Comment